Animal Complaints:


Call (608) 255-2345 to have an Animal Services Officer dispatched by radio to respond to the following complaints:

  • Aggressive animals
  • Animal bites
  • Animals in traffic causing safety hazards
  • Dogs in unauthorized park areas
  • Investigation of cruelty/neglect complaints
  • Rabies quarantine (issue orders, ensure owner compliance)
  • Sick or injured animals, wild or domestic
  • Stray or running at large domestic animals

Call (608) 255-2345 (Dane County Non-Emergency) for:

  • Animal care/health information
  • Animal feces accumulation complaints
  • Classroom education for staying safe around animals and preventing rabies
  • General information
  • Non-emergency complaints

Animal Services does NOT respond to:

  • Barking dogs. Please call the Dane County Non-Emergency number (608) 255-2345.
  • Wild animals nuisance. Please call a Private Pest Control Service.